Nomes of Inkcrush‘s Fave Reads of 2011 “share the awesome” book awards to celebrate the awesome books, characters, scenes, and book covers we’ve read so far. Anyone can participate, and there are no rules for the awards except that they need to be books you’ve read this year.
1. Best First Chapter: I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak and Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. Both completely surprised me with their near flawless openings which hooked me from the first page. Runner-up: Good Oil by Laura Buzo.
2. Best Climax: The Demon’s Lexicon. Oh my, there were tears and exclamations.
3. Best Ending: Unsticky by Sarra Manning. Clever, swoon-worthy, and perfect resolution for Grace and Vaughn.
4. Best Plot Twist/Revelation: The Demon’s Lexicon. What?! This blew me away with its brilliance and awesomeness.
5. Scariest/Most Disturbing Scene: I Am the Messenger. Wow, it was hard to believe that just happened.
6. Sweetest/Sexiest Kiss Award: Unsticky. Hehe, all of them.
7. Best Swoon-Worthy Moment: Unsticky. See above.
8. Most Heart-breaking/Tear Jerker Moment: A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness. I’m thinking of two very real moments.
1. Fave First Sentence: Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. “I am dead, but it’s not so bad.”
2. Fave Book Title: Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
3. Fave Reading Experience: Unsticky. 500+ pages read compulsively at all hours and unbelievably fast speeds.
4. Most Embarrassing Book Cover: Romance is a Wonderful Thing by Ellen Emerson White. 80s cheesiness.
5. Can’t Believe You Waited This Long to Read the Book (!): The Demon’s Lexicon. *grin* And I thought I wouldn’t like a demon book about two brothers.